Spennymoor Town FC is recruiting for help at home fixtures.
We’re very proud of our Operations Team here at The Brewery Field. We strive for excellence in the workplace and expect high standards of professionalism and a strong work ethic from our staff, which ultimately delivers a first class customer experience to our match day supporters and guests.
We are looking to expand our team of Safety Stewards and general match day staff. As a member of our match day team you will not only care for both sets of fans, but will help to ensure the safety of fellow employees, players and match officials.
There are at least 21 home league games plus cup games throughout the season, and you would be expected to be available for our key home games including some evening fixtures.
We’re looking for individuals who are friendly, enthusiastic, professional and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Roles are available on a voluntary basis however certain roles will be paid and payment will be calculated on an hourly basis.
Got your interest? Take a look at our vacancies below.
· Attend the ground at given dates and times as directed
· Attend any pre-event and ensure all information is understood
· Undertake pre-event and post event stand checks
· Be responsible for the safety and comfort of spectators within a designated area at all times
· Constantly monitor the spectators in your area checking for signs of distress or overcrowding and take action in accordance with standing instructions
· To control and direct spectators entering and leaving the ground and to assist in this movement
· Ensure that gangways and exit/evacuation routes in your area are kept clear
· Enforce and immediately report any breach of the ground regulations to a supervisor
· Be able to provide basic First Aid if required and know the location of the first aid room located within the ground - generic training of this nature is provided
· Be fully conversant with any methods or messages used to alert staff that an emergency has arisen
· Assist as required in the evacuation of spectators etc from the ground
· Comply with the relevant instructions and guidance contained in the Steward’s Operational Handbook
· Attend all required training
· Understand general responsibilities towards the health and safety and welfare of all spectators, other stewards and ground staff
· Be fit, active and have the character and temperament to carry out the duties of a Steward
· Possess good communication skills and be of sound character
· Be able to attend most first-team home fixtures
· Be polite, courteous and helpful to all supporters
· Be willing to adhere to the club dress code
· Be aware of the contents and relevance of the Ground Safety Certificate
· Have a working knowledge of the geographical layout of the stadium, in particular its exit and entry routes and to know the emergency evacuation messages as relevant to all areas of the stadium.
· Be aware of Spennymoor Town FC policies and procedures
· Know the standard operating procedures for all turnstiles
MATCH DAY STAFF
Match Day Staff assist in a number of roles on the day. Arriving 2 hours prior to kick off, you would be expected to help prepare the facility for the game. You may be required to liaise with spectators both home & away with information, opposition officials and delegates. During the game you may be utilised to supervise supporters within the ground. There are a range of duties which may change on a match-by-match basis.
MATCH DAY FUND RAISING ROLE
The Club is looking for some new members to join its Fundraising Team.
The Match Day Fundraising role will be integral to raising funds through the Club’s revenue streams. Applicants will be asked to sell raffle tickets, golden goals, programmes and blind cards in the bars.
We also need sellers to commit to collecting money from neighbours, friends or work colleagues to enter into the draw each month. The money would need to be collected in and brought to The Brewery Field to ensure entry into the letter draw.
When the money is brought into the Club, our Agents can collect their complimentary match ticket – with each Agent receiving one free ticket for our home games at The Brewery Field.
RETAIL ASSISTANT/TICKET OFFICE
We are currently recruiting a retail assistant to work within our Club Shop on an event day selling tickets and other administrative duties associated with an event at the stadium.
Candidates would be required to work home fixtures, starting 90 minutes prior to a fixture and 30 minutes following the match. As such, this is likely to suit an avid supporter who could fit this into their own match day schedule.
Experience in retail is preferred, but not essential.
If you love Spennymoor and want to enhance your match day experience with the Club, this role would be a great way to do it.
THE VOLUNTEERS BENEFITS PACKAGE
All of our Spennymoor Town Volunteers benefit from a package of exclusive perks. These are:
· Free entry to away games
· Free travel to away games
· Free pint tokens for use in The Moors Tavern
· 10% discount card for use in The Moors Tavern
· Paid yearly membership to the Supporters Club
· Uniform supplied
· £5 gift voucher per game to spend in the Club Shop (physical or online)
Please contact Steven Lawson on 0787 120 6474 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
Owing to the high volume of applications expected, if we have not contacted you within 10 days of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted.
STFC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
STFC is also committed to the safeguarding of vulnerable groups.